Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Texas Meats in Argyle...YOU GOTTA TRY IT!

Ok guys, if you live down here in the Argyle/Denton/Keller/Ft. Worth area then I want you to think about trying my new FAVORITE place to buy all of my meat, chicken, lunch stuff and just about anything else that they have in stock. David Castro has a jewel of a place right off 377 and Country Club called Texas Meats. It is located right next door to Snooty Pig. For my money I will say that this is the absolute best buy that I have found. Not only is the quality of his stuff far superior to Wal-Mart, Target or Kroger, the prices are the most comparable that I have found since we moved here. On most things his prices are right there with Wal-Mart. They take call ahead orders as well if you don't have the time to wait for them to custom cut your meat (which they will do at no additional charge!!!).

They have all of your typical meat market selection but also have everything from the highest quality steaks (in my opinion), to a great deli selection, to fresh chicken, lamb and even ground buffalo (if he isn't sold out of it!). Texas Meats also carries varieties of produce, sauces, milk, fresh laid eggs, seasonings and even straight from Alaska salmon steaks as well as different flavors of smoked salmon. Forgot to get charcoal? He's got that too along with lighter fluid and a complimentary book of matches!

I usually don't do things like this but I wanted everyone who reads this blog and can get by this place to stop in and give it a try. He is closed on Sundays and Mondays. The phone number is 940-464-0302. Seriously guys, go check this place out.

2 comments:

Ty said...

The funny thing is that I was JUST complaining to my wife that there was nowhere to get custom cuts this far north in the metroplex. I can't wait to try them out! Thanks for posting your review.

Melanie said...

when preschool starts up I have to take my cooler to go by and check it out...thanks for the tip!!