Monday, May 12, 2008

Calico Burgers

I found this one on one of my favorite recipe websites allrecipes.com and it looked interesting to me. It's a nice change to a regular burger. I will be trying this one soon. Should be 4 servings.

You Will Need:

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup cooked rice (I think you could use bread crumbs as well)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Dash pepper
BARBECUE SAUCE:
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons chili sauce (I am not sure what chili sauce is, I will probably just leave it out.)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon dried basil

Here's What You Do:
In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well.
Shape into four to six oval patties.
Grill over hot coals until meat reaches desired doneness, about 15-20 minutes.
Combine all sauce ingredients in a saucepan; simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with burgers.

No comments: